Norwegian green transition opportunities within hydrogen and batteries for Finnish companies
Join us to hear about the collaboration opportunities in a planned green ammonia project and an ongoing battery cell manufacturing project based on the Norwegian green transition initiative.
The Norwegian government has updated the green transition roadmap called the “Green Industrial Initiative” due to rapid developments in green technologies. With a more involved, active, and ambitious industrial policy the government aims to shift the Norwegian economy from a fossil-based economy towards a circular economy and plans for a 55% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by 2030. To achieve these goals, international strategic partnerships and systematic co-operation are needed to boost the implementation of emission-free energy systems in Norway. The initiative identified seven priority sectors, including batteries and hydrogen.
This webinar is aimed towards:
- Finnish companies in the hydrogen industry value chain interested in the green ammonia project in Norway, including solution providers, such as electrolyser technology providers, EPC (engineering, procurement and construction) companies and operations and maintenance companies
- Finnish maritime industry companies interested in the opportunity
- Finnish players interested in partnering to develop green hydrogen projects in Finland
- Finnish industrial players in the steel, concrete, petrochemical or hydrogen industry interested in using green ammonia
- Finnish battery material suppliers and mining companies
- Other Finnish companies in the battery value chain
- Other Finnish companies interested in exploring opportunities within the green transition in Norway
9:00 (Norwegian time) Opening remarks and introduction of the co-organisers
- Kaisa Nikkanen, Senior Advisor, Business Finland (Norway)
- Aki Johannes Viitala, Chairman of the Board, Norsk-Finsk Handelsforening
9:05 Presentation of Hy2gen’s green ammonia production plant project in Norway by Andrew Holmes, Project Director and Sarah Soon Arnhus, Business Developer, Hy2gen Norge AS
- Presentation of the Iverson project
- Reach out to potential Finnish players who would be interested in partnering to develop greenfield hydrogen projects in Finland
9:20 Presentation of Morrow Batteries’ battery cell factory project in Norway by Pål Brun, EVP of Corporate Affairs, Morrow Batteries ASA
- Present the Morrow project including its milestones, overall timeline and key procurement principles
- Present Morrow’s battery technology and interest in Finnish battery material suppliers
- Describe the end customer groups for Morrow’s battery cells
9:35 Presentation of an accommodation provider in large Norwegian projects by Juha Hämäläinen, Senior Project Manager, Forenom
The webinar is organised by Business Finland and Norsk-Finsk Handelsforening and is meant only for Finnish organizations.
Registration here is required. Link to the Teams webinar will be sent by email prior to the event.